2021 Strategic Plan - Balanced Scorecard & Measures
In September of 2020, the City Administrator and City Council met to discuss a new Strategic Plan for the City as the 2017-2020 Strategic Plan was set to expire at the end of the year. A new Strategy Map for the City was introduced to the council during the December 9, 2020, General Government Meeting. This new Strategy Map implements a scorecard with measurable goals. See the Proposed Balanced Scorecard & Measures (PDF) for more information.
Cañon City is a vibrant, attractive, and safe community that values quality of life, adventure, and prosperity.
- Cañon City continually improves its citizens' quality of life.
- We are a customer-focused, business-friendly community.
- Canon City is a dynamic destination with a small-town feel
- Spend tax dollars efficiently and responsibly.
- Maintain a balanced, diversified economy.
- Establish and promote our identity and nurture community pride.
- Create programming that engages people.
- Prioritize and implement development projects.
- Champion community relationships that will foster entrepreneurship.
- Establish Canon City as an economically resilient community
Learning and Growth
- Establish a culture of great customer service.
- Provide opportunities for staff growth and training.