The City of Cañon City Police Department Records Division maintains all police department records, with the exception of personnel records. The Records Division is open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm.
The Records Department is dedicated to providing the highest quality customer service to the public and to the City of Cañon City.
It is the mission of the Records Department to ensure accuracy in providing a variety of different documents and reports to the public. We strive to achieve the highest standards of the organization so that records can be made available for inspection and copying.
Costs of Services (Check or Cash Only)
- Bike License: $2
- Dog Impounds: $12.50 1st Day, $5 each additional day
- Dog Licenses: $12.50 male/spayed female, $22.50 un-spayed females.
- Fingerprints: We are only doing Criminal or Court-Ordered Fingerprints 8 am to 5 pm. Monday through Friday. Please note that identification is required.
- Local Background Checks: Monday through Friday (8 am - 5 pm) The cost is $10. Bring a valid government-issued photo ID. Local Background Checks only consists of The City of Cañon City Police Department records.
- Records (Police Reports): (black/white) $0.25 per page + sales tax, (color) $1 per page + sales tax, (CD/DVD) $5. Bring a valid government-issued photo ID.
- Note: There is a $25 per hour fee for searches requiring more than 1 hour of service.
- Note: Please print the Records-Police Report Request Form HERE
- VIN Inspections: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 8 am to 5 pm. The cost is $20 cash or local check only. The vehicle must be present with a title or registration.
- Certified VIN Inspections: For a Certified VIN you must come into the office Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm to complete the required paperwork. An officer will contact you to schedule an appointment. The cost of $50 must be paid to the officer completing your inspection.
- 911 Recordings: $5 per CD/DVD
- Sex Offender Registrations: Monday through Friday (8 am - 5 pm) (Annual) $25; (Quarterly) $10
Be sure to bring a valid government-issued photo ID, registrations on all vehicles you have access to, and if you are on probation or parole, a copy of your conditions of release.