Community Agency Funding
The purpose of this program is to support charitable groups and organizations to directly benefit the health and well-being of Cañon City residents and neighborhoods. Available funds will be considered based on the following categories:
- Community Service
Providing services to the community regarding various topics to include basic needs, health and welfare, etc.
- Youth Education
Providing youth programs, youth-focused prevention programs, and supplemental education for youth programs, etc.
- Quality of Life
Providing community improvement activities to include arts and culture, etc.
The City has established requirements and expectations to ensure that the programs and projects make an effective, measurable, and positive impact in our community. In the interest of fiscal accountability and program effectiveness, the award process includes the following requirements:
- Completed Community Agency Funding Request form
- Recipients must be a 501c3
- Percentage of City of Canon City residents served
- Financial statements
- Activity descriptions
- Goals and objectives
- Evaluation plan
- Plan for sustainability
- Documents reports for reimbursement
- Taxes and fees
- Utility payments
- Rent/Mortgage payments
- Building repair
- Building maintenance
- Applications and documentation must be submitted to the City Administrator’s office no later than 5:00 PM on September 2, 2022.
Deadline extended to 5:00 September 6, 2022.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Community Agency Funding Committee for eligibility.
- Applicants must make a presentation before the Community Agency Funding Committee. Date to be determined.
- Committee submits proposed recommendations to full city council for approval in November 2022.
- An award letter will be sent to each successful recipient by December 31, 2022.
* Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Allocation of Funds
The City anticipates an estimated budget of $50,000 for the 2023 agency awards. This may be adjusted depending on economic conditions through the end of the year and the number of submitted applications.
If selected, the City Finance Department will set up an account with your agency to allocate funds on a reimbursement basis.
The City will require programmatic and financial status reports on how your agency used its allotted funds BEFORE reimbursements will be awarded. Reports should include:
- Dates and times
- Agendas, minutes, newspaper articles, etc.
- Descriptions and documented Cañon City numbers served
PLEASE NOTE: Failure to complete and turn in required reports within the twelve-month period can terminate future possibilities for funding. Requests for additional funding after initial allocation will not be considered.
Taxability of Grant
The City will provide a 1099G to all recipients under this program according to IRS guidelines. Please consult with your tax advisor for the proper tax reporting.
For any questions please contact:
Tammy Nordyke, Finance Director
Please mail or hand-deliver applications to:
City of Cañon City
Attn: Tammy Nordyke
128 Main St.
Cañon City, CO 81215