Use our online form at:
OR call (719) 269-9027
Contact Fremont County Department of Transportation at:
OR call (719) 276-7430
Fremont Drive, Rainbow Drive, Royal Gorge Blvd (US HWY 50), S. 9th Street (CO HWY 115)Contact CDOTat:
OR call (303) 757-9228
POTHOLE REPAIR POLICY
- The City of Cañon City believes it is in the best interest of the residents to patch potholes as rapidly as possible. This applies to city streets and alleys.
- Under normal conditions, potholes are addressed and scheduled within 72 hours depending on certain circumstances, also dependent on other projects being worked on as well as weather conditions.
Criteria for Pothole Repair
- In a driving lane or parking lane.
- On an arterial versus residential street versus an alley.
- Traffic volumes and speeds.
- The presence of pedestrian traffic or bike lanes.
- All things being equal, the general priority for repair work is arterial streets first, residential streets second, and then alleys.
- How likely a pothole is to cause vehicular damage, personal injury or severe disruption to traffic?
- The number of potholes reported in certain sections of roads or number of complaints received regarding a particular pothole.
Complaints & Reporting
- Complaints regarding potholes shall be taken during normal working hours, if after hours messages can be left on answering machines.
- Potholes can be reported via SeeClickFix on the City’s website at: http://www.canoncity.org/report
- Complaints involving access to property or problems requiring immediate attention shall be handled on a priority basis.
- Residents are encouraged to give their name, phone number, and general location of the pothole(s) requiring attention.
- Every effort will be made to contact the reporting party, acknowledging complaints and timetables for scheduling and patching of potholes.