Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
“Requests to Speak to City Council” will be addressed for a total maximum of 15 minutes, on a first-come, first-served basis. At the option of the Mayor, additional requests in excess of the 15 minute limit may be addressed, depending on time. Resolution No. 9, Series 2018, adopted Rules of Procedures for the City Council, Staff, and the public. Copies of the full policy are available in the City Clerk’s office and posted on the website (www.canoncity.org).
1. Individual requests are limited to three (3) minutes each at the discretion of the presiding officer.
2. No position, action, or commitment will be made by the City Council or Staff regarding any topic not listed on the agenda. Matters will be referred to the appropriate City Council Committee or the City Administrator upon direction by the City Council.
3. Emotional outbursts and/or abusive language or manner is prohibited. Signage must be held by the owner, not places around the chamber. Comments are to be addressed to City Council ONLY and personal attacks will not be tolerated.
This form is to be completed by citizens who wish to address City Council. Please submit this form by 4:00 p.m on the day of the scheduled council meeting. Forms are directly submitted to the City Clerk. For questions, contact City Clerk Cindy Foster Owens at (719) 276-5242.
By checking the "I agree" box below, you agree and acknowledge that 1) your application will not be signed in the sense of a traditional paper document, 2) by signing in this alternate manner, you authorize your electronic signature to be valid and binding upon you to the same force and effect as a handwritten signature, and 3) you may still be required to provide a traditional signature at a later date.
The Principles of Conduct is a supplement to the Municipal Code and the Code of Ethics and applies to the City Council, staff, and public. The Principles of Conduct describes how Cañon City council Members including their roles in the General Government, Vision Committee, and other positions assigned as City Council representative, staff, and the public treat each other and work together for the common good of the community. Conducting the City’s business in an atmosphere of respect and civility is the underlying theme in this Code. City Council Members are responsible for holding themselves, the staff, and the public accountable for displaying actions and behaviors that consistently model the ideals expressed in the Code to:
1. Consistently demonstrate principles of professionalism, respect, decorum, and civility in working for the greater good of Cañon City.
2. Commit to working with City officials, staff, and the public in a conscientious and respectful manner.
3. Refrain from abusive conduct, or verbal attack and/or harassment directed at the City Council, staff, or the public.
4. Avoid objectively offensive comments.
5. Listen courteously and attentively to all public discussions and treat all people the way you wish to be treated.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field