Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
* Check-in will start at 8 am, July 4th at Centennial Park. All entries must be show-ready by 9:30 am.
* Parade Entrants will be given their set up location and entry number on July 3rd. Location numbers will be marked, either by a flag in the grass or duck-tape on the ground, on the day of the event.
* Parade participants should park their extra vehicles at Veterans Park. If there are mobility and/or physical handicap needs, we can accommodate closer parking.
* The parade will run from 10 am to 12 pm. One-way traffic will access the park from Fourth Street, drive-thru the U shaped road in the park, and exit towards First Street. Attendees cannot leave their cars.
All entries MUST strictly adhere to public health orders as established by the Governor of the State of Colorado:
1. Float participants need to stay at home if they are experiencing flu-like symptoms.
2. Participants CANNOT hand-out materials to the attendees, as this will affect the maximum head count of 175 people at an event.
3. Floats are encouraged to not intermingle households and maintain social distancing between households as much as possible. (depending on available space, the parade organizers will do our best to accommodate your social distancing needs)
4. Each float will need to provide contact information for their participants.
5. Float participants are encouraged to use hand sanitizer.
6. Float participants are encouraged to wear face masks. It is a recommendation, not a mandate.
If you have swag you’d like to have distributed in the 100 bag giveaways, turn it into Cañon City Hall Attn: Brandi Fowler by July 2nd at noon.
Ashley SmithMayor of Cañon City(719) firstname.lastname@example.org
*Each participant must fill out a liability release form for your participation.
This agreement releases the City of Cañon City from all liability relating to injuries that may occur during the 4th of July Reverse Parade (Activity). By signing this agreement, I agree to hold harmless City of Cañon City from any liability, including financial responsibility for injuries and/or damages incurred, regardless of whether injuries are caused by negligence.
I fully understand and acknowledge that; (a) risks and dangers exist in my participation in the Activity and (b) the negligence of the participants, the negligence of others, accidents, the forces of nature or other causes. These risks and dangers may arise from foreseeable or unforeseeable causes; and by my participation in the Activity, I hereby assume all risks and dangers and all responsibility for any losses and/or damages, whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence or other conduct of the owners, agents, officers, employees, or by any other person affiliated with the City of Cañon City.
I, on behalf of myself, my personal representatives and my heirs, hereby voluntarily agree to release, waive, discharge, and hold harmless, the City of Cañon City and its officials, employees, volunteers, and agents from any and all claims, actions or losses for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, loss of services or otherwise which may arise out of my participation in the Activity, I specifically understand that I am releasing, discharging and waiving any claims or actions that I may have presently or in the future for the negligent acts or other conduct by the its officials, employees, volunteers, and agents of City of Cañon City.
Further, I also agree that the City of Cañon City may use my image, taken while I was participating in the Activity, for promotional material, including videos, brochures and the City’s social media.
I HAVE READ THE ABOVE WAIVER AND RELEASE AND BY SIGNING IT AGREE IT IS MY INTENTION TO EXEMPT AND RELIEVE CITY OF CAÑON CITY FROM LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR WRONGFUL DEATH CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER CAUSE.
In the event that the participant is under the age of consent (18 years of age,) then this release must be signed by a parent or guardian, as follows:
I hereby certify that I am the parent or guardian of the named above, and do hereby give my consent without reservation to the foregoing on behalf of this individual.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field