Can I keep horses on my property?

The keeping of horses and other livestock is allowed on R-L, R-1, R-2 and R-3-zoned properties in the City, provided you have enough land area. To even consider having a horse in R-1, R-2 and R-3 zones, your lot or parcel has to be at least 1 acre. R-L zoning requires at least 15,000 square feet of land. There are other requirements in Chapter 17.20.114 of the Zoning Regulations with respect to numbers of animals, care-taking, and fencing. View also Chapter 17.08 for a definition of “livestock”.

Show All Answers

1. Who do I call for code enforcement issues?
2. What happens when code violations are found?
3. What types of code violations are enforced within Cañon City?
4. What regulations pertain to my property?
5. Does the city have information pertaining to my property?
6. What if I have a disagreement with my neighbor about where our mutual property line is?
7. Can I keep horses on my property?
8. Can I keep poultry on my property?
9. How many dogs may I have on my property?
10. Can I store an RV on my property?
11. Can I park a truck-tractor or semi-trailer on or in front of my residential property?
12. Can I have an in-home business?
13. Am I allowed to have a yard sale from my residential property?
14. What type of signage is allowed on my residential property?
15. What type of signage is allowed on commercial property?
16. Can I get a trash exemption for the current trash ordinance?