Questions you should ask when hiring a contractor.
Business Owners, Home Owners, and Citizens of Cañon City,
Spring and Summer have people getting ready to move forward with projects they have been wanting to accomplish. This could be building a shed, garage, addition, fence, pergola, or any other construction project.
When hiring a contractor to start your project be sure to ask the following questions.
- Are you a licensed contractor with the City of Cañon City?
- Can you show me proof of liability insurance?
- Will this require a permit?
- Who is going to obtain the permit - owner or contractor?
- What type of inspections are required?
- Who is going to call for the appropriate inspections?
The building department provides a list of licensed contractors on our website that is updated once a month.
If you are not sure whether your project needs a permit or if you have other questions, please feel free to contact the Building Department at (719) 276-5253.