The City of Cañon City Water Department (CCWD) is responsible for the City’s Water Supply from the point of diversion from the Arkansas River, until it is delivered to Cañon City homes and businesses.
Water Department Operators are tasked with maintaining:
- Finished water pumping and storage facilities
- Fire hydrants
- Potable water mains
- Raw water diversion and pumping facilities
- Raw water pipelines
- Treatment facilities
- Valves and meters throughout the Water Distribution system to ensure that the drinking water efficiently moves throughout the system from the source to the tap
Water Department Operators conduct daily, weekly, monthly and annual routine analysis to ensure that drinking water meets regulatory requirements set forth in the SDWA. These programs help to protect the integrity of the City’s infrastructure while ensuring our drinking water is of the highest quality and delivered to our consumers at a reasonable cost.
Quality Reports & Billing
Maintenance & Repair
The CCWD is responsible for the maintenance and repair of the potable water mains, valves and fire hydrants throughout the city’s Distribution System. The CCWD and the property owners have a shared responsibility for the maintenance of the water service lines leading from the water mains to the meter pit/curb box (demarcation is at the property line) and to the inside of homes or businesses.
- CCWD = Water mains to the meter pit/curbstop box (demarcation is at the property line)
- Property Owner = Meter pit/curbstop box to the inside of homes or businesses.
For more information, please download the following documents: