The Community Development Department focuses on short and long term growth and development within Cañon City including:
- Long term strategic planning
- Community revitalization and economic development
- Current planning and zoning, including the subdivision of land
- Building construction, permitting and inspections
We strive to improve the short term quality of life in our community and to sustain long term economic vitality of Cañon City for future generations.
The 2017-2020 Strategic Plan adopted by City Council identifies priorities and key intended outcomes the City organization will focus on over the next three years. The Strategic Plan is organized into six priority areas.
- Economic Development
- Public Safety
- Attractive Built Environment
- Community Investment Opportunities
- Public Trust, Transparency, Accountability
The Community Development Department is integrally involved with many of these strategic priorities.
Existing and In-Progress community plans are available by clicking HERE.
Community Development Director
Deana Swetlik, AICP
Certified Building Official
Kathy Ulsh, C.B.O.