Regular City Council Meeting December 4, 2017
P.O. Box 1460 - 128 Main Street - Cañon City, CO 81215-1460
MONDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2017
1. Call to order – Invocation – Pledge of Allegiance - Roll Call.
2. Citizens’ Request to Speak to City Council.
4. Council members’ announcements.
5. Adoption of the Agenda and Consent Agenda
Pursuant to subsection 2.04.090(B) of the Cañon City Municipal Code, this agenda may be amended, by a majority of Council, by the addition of new items or otherwise, prior to the conduct of any formal business hereinafter listed.
All matters listed under Item 4, Consent Agenda, are considered to be routine and will be approved with one motion. Documents are approved substantially as drafted. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests, in which case the items may be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered separately, at the discretion of Council.
a. Authorize City Administrator’s signature on Fireworks Production Contract(s): Western Enterprises, Inc., Carrier, OK; 2017 New Year’s Eve in the amount of $8,000.00; and 2018 Fourth of July in the amount of $16,000.00.
b. Extend Bid #55-17: Field Avenue Sidewalk Project, Avalanche Excavating, Cañon City, CO; increasing contract amount $60,000.00 for a new project cost of $270,541.16.
c. Authorize City Administrator’s signature on Donation Agreement: sculpture and bench on the grounds of the Library in memory of Janet L. Burman Bent.
d. Authorize City Administrator’s signature on Funding Agreement: Cañon City Golden Age Council/Center; $23,200.00.
e. Authorize City Administrator’s signature on Professional Services Agreement:with Tangram Design, LLC, Denver, CO, $24,630.00 for concept design for gateway monument signs and directional/wayfinding signs.
f. Approve list of funding agencies for 2018 in the amount of $37,000.00 (as recommended by the Community Agency Funding Committee).
g. List of Bills.
6. Administrator’s Report / Kiewit Update on 2-A Project.
7. 2018 Budget
a. Resolution No. 37 – 2017: Setting the mil levy for 2018.
b. Ordinance No. 39, Series of 2017 Second Reading
Appropriating 2018 Budget.
8. Ordinance No. 41 – 2017 Second Reading
Special Review Use – Accessory Dwelling Unit – 520 Hamilton Road (R-L, Rural Living Zone District
9. Ordinance No. 42, Series of 2017 Second Reading
Zone Change – Lot 1, Oasis New Horizons Subdivision Exemption – from Dual Zoning MH-1, Mobile Home Park and R-2, Medium Density Residential) to R-3, High Density Residential.
10. Ordinance No. 43, Series of 2017 Second Reading
An ordinance banning Electric Personal Assistive Mobility Devices (EPAMD) from City sidewalks and trails.
11. Ordinance No. 44, Series of 2017 Second Reading
Zoning Code Amendment: Amending Title 17 – Repeal & Reenact Chapter 8.16, Trash Disposal and Amend Chapter 5.24.020(B), exemption from trash hauler license.
12. Resolution No. 31 – 2017: Establishing Wireless Facility Application Fees (tabled from 10/16 Council)
13. Resolution No. 38 – 2017: Amendment to Comprehensive Master Plan - Arkansas River Corridor Master Plan
14. Ordinance No. 45, Series of 2017 First Reading
An ordinance amending water rate schedules.
15. Resolution No. 39 – 2017: City Administrator Employment Agreement.
16. Interview candidates for the Planning Commission vacancies (one term expiring 07/01/2018 and one term expiring 07/01/2019)
(Tony Greer, Michael Schirado, and Randy Smith)
17. Variance Hearing on Appeal of Requirement, Decision, Determination made by the Floodplain Administrator: 1745 Mariposa. Watchman’s Quarters at Dawson Ranch Stables.