Regular City Council Meeting March 05, 2018
P.O. Box 1460 - 128 Main Street - Cañon City, CO 81215-1460
(Unless otherwise indicated, formal Council action may be taken as to any item listed on or added to this agenda)
1. Call to order – Invocation – Pledge of Allegiance - Roll Call
2. Citizens’ Request to Speak to City Council
4. Council members’ announcements
5. Adoption of the Agenda and Consent Agenda
Pursuant to subsection 2.04.090(B) of the Cañon City Municipal Code, this agenda may be amended, by a majority of Council, by the addition of new items or otherwise, prior to the conduct of any formal business hereinafter listed.
All matters listed under Item 3, Consent Agenda, are considered to be routine and will be approved with one motion. Documents are approved substantially as drafted. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests, in which case the items may be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered separately, at the discretion of Council.a. Authorize City Administrator’s signature on Purchase Agreement: Cartegraph conversion to Operations Management System $106,094.98.
b. Authorize Mayor’s signature on Development Agreement: Cornella Brothers (North 9th Street and Washington.
c. Authorize Mayor’s signature on Contract for Services: Municipal Judge.
d. Resolution No. 2 – 2018: Authorizing Mayor’s signature on funding contract with Colorado Department of Transportation – Police Department.
---#28-18: Anthracite for the Water Department to Anthracite Filter Media, Los Angeles, CA; $7,953.75.
---#31-18: Virtualization Platform upgrade for the IT Department to GovConnection, Merrimack, NH; $16,896.00.
f. List of Bills.
6. Administrator’s Report.
7. Ordinance No. 8, Series of 2018 — Second Reading
An ordinance amending the sales tax code concerning definitions and administration, collection, and enforcement of the city’s sales and use tax.
8. Public hearing: Application for a NEW Tavern Liquor License: 214 & 224 Main Street.
9. Ordinance No. 7, Series of 2018 — First Reading
An ordinance amending Sections 8.16.040 and 8.16.060 of the Municipal Code – business dumpsters in residential zone districts
10. Ordinance No. 10, Series of 2018 — First Reading
An ordinance codifying of the City’s one percent (1%) sales and use tax increase approved at the Special Election on November 8, 2016.
11. Ordinance No. 11, Series of 2018 — First Reading
An ordinance increasing compensation for the City Administrator.
12. Interview Royal Gorge Regional Tourism Council Candidates.
13. Interview At-large Candidates.
(Slawomir Bartkowiak, Greg DiRito, Allison Fuhrman, Jim Harding, Gerald Meloni, Brandon Smith, Randy Smith, Amanda Stelter, and George Storey)
15. Executive Session: Black Hills Franchise.
(NOTE: 24-6-402 (4) (e) – Negotiations)